Spreadsheet Tool for Weight Adjusting Erg Scores

As I mentioned in the last post there may be a better way to weight adjust scores for a whole crew than to just enter each of them in the Concept 2 calculator. I use excel for many things and have posted a speadsheet using Zoho Sheet that you are free to use. It is far from perfect I'm sure, but by entering a mass (in kg only for now) a distance and an erg score you are provided with several bits of information. You can use it below or for a better and more powerful view click the link to save it on your own machine as an excel file. I tried using Google Spreadsheets for this but when saved in excel format many formulas were lost for some reason. Zoho is also imperfect - losing title formatting and inserting some extra rows - but it is a simple way to provide a file for downloading.




  • Split gives you the average 500 m split for the piece.
  • Watts the average watts for the piece.
  • P:W power to weight ratio as described in the last post.
  • Physics .167 is the weight adjusted erg score using a .167 exponent as described on the Physics of Rowing site.
  • Physics .222 is the weight adjusted erg score using a .167 exponent as described on the Physics of Rowing site.
  • And finally the C2 .22 is the scorce as calculated by Concept 2.

Feel free to use, or modify this as you see fit. I'm sure I have made a few errors and will not be bothered at all if you find any and report them to me. If you send me any fixes or improvements I will incorporate them on the sheet published so that others can use them too.

If you need the original excel file, send me a note and I'll get a copy to you.

If you do find this at all useful or informative please drop me an email to let me know, please!

If you enjoyed this post or other information on the site, subscribe to the Rowing Science Newsletter for regular updates and exclusive insider information for subscribers only.

or subscribe to the RSS Feed